Sony 發出新聞稿公佈全新的 Playstation App for Android 將會在十一月中於北美和歐洲推出，以配合 PlayStations 4 在兩地開售。美國 PS4 會在15/11 開售, 歐洲就是 29/11，而香港和台灣則是 12月開售 PS4。
it will release PlayStation®App, a new application for mobile devices, on November 13, 2013 in North America, and on November 22, 2013 in Europe. PlayStation®App will be available free of charge.
Playstation App 有甚麼功能？就如之前九月初在東京遊戲展的介紹，App 可以瀏覽 PlayStation Network 內容, 查看友人 Profile, 接收 Game Invitation。而最特別當然是作為 PS4 的手制和第二個屏幕。
- Directly access various PSN(SM) features and information
– Users can access their own profile screen.
– Users can access/compare their own and friends’ Trophy accomplishments.
– Exchange messages between PS4 systems, PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems, PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) systems, and mobile devices installed with PlayStation®App.
– Access and filter friend profiles.
– Notify users about their friends’ shared activities on “What’s New”.
– Notify PS4 users when they receive any new notifications or game invitations. Users can also display their lists of game items.
- Browse the official PlayStation® website and access information
Users can access the PlayStation® official website to browse through news, blogs and game information. The language and content of the website will depend on the country the user’s Sony Entertainment Network account is registered.
- PS4 Second Screen Feature
Users can install PlayStation®App on to their mobile devices to use as a second screen in supported games. For example on THE PLAYROOM, a title pre-installed in all PS4 systems that requires PlayStation®Camera, users can draw pictures on their mobile device screens and flick them towards the TV. The images then appear as a 3D object within the game.
- Spectate other PS4 users’ gameplay
When users’ friends upload or begin live streaming their gameplay on PS4 systems, the friends’ activities are displayed on “What’s New” of the PlayStation®App screen. When users tap on this notification, they can boot pre-installed applications, such as browsers, to spectate the uploaded gameplay. Users can also post comments on gameplay screenshots, footage and live streams.
- Purchase game content on PlayStation®Store
Users can purchase game content*2 while away from home and download it directly onto their PS4, PS3, and PS Vita*3 systems.
- Use a mobile device as a simple remote to control the PS4 system
Once installed, users can use their PlayStation®App to control their PS4 system as long as both devices have access to the same Wi-Fi access point. For example, users can switch their PS4 system to standby mode, startup their PS4 system from standby mode, and use their mobile phone as a keyboard for their PS4 system.
下面是一段在東京遊戲展上 PlayStation App 的介紹。